#^Automated Accident - The Human Brain Can Anticipates A Problem That A Robot Cannot
A 49-year-old worker was on duty at a china factory in China when the accident happened.
The accident resulted in him being impaled with long metal rods half an inch thick, he was first taken to a local hospital and then transferred to Xiangya Hospital of the South Central University because of the severity of his injuries.
Six steel bars fixed on a steel plate pierced his shoulder and right chest, and four penetrated into other parts of his body.
During the operation, doctors found that one of the stems was only 0.1 mm from an artery.
The rods also prevented doctors from performing X-rays before the operation.
"They were relatively large so there was no way to fit the patient into the X-ray machine, while the nails themselves could cause interference with X-rays," said Wu Panfeng, a professor of hand microsurgery.
The surgeons worked through the night to remove all the rods from Mr. Zhou's body.
Zhou was fortunate not to suffer the same fate as the American worker Wanda Holbrook.
The 57-year-old scientist was inspecting machines in an area where the components were assembled when the robot "caught Wanda by surprise, entering the section in which she worked, "the official documents show.
In 2015, another auto worker, this time in Germany in Baunatal, was also killed by a robot. The unidentified 22-year-old was part of a team that was mounting the stationary robot at a Volkswagen factory when he grabbed it and crushed against a metal plate,
Last year, a construction worker survived miraculously after being electrocuted, dumped from his work station and then impaled by the anus by a four-foot steel bar.
Amazon robot shoots bears repellent, placing 24 workers at hospital in
New Jersey, the robot accidentally drilled a can of bean repellent.
The 255g can containing concentrated capsaicin, a pepper compound, was punctured by an automated machine after falling off a shelf, the incident happened in a warehouse in Robbinsville, New Jersey, just outside Trenton.
It is not the first occurrence of workers who were unable to work after injuries sustained. In the UK, there were 600 times between 2015 and 2017.
Another incident occurred in June 2007 at a plant in Balsta, north of Stockholm, when the worker was performing maintenance on a machine normally used to lift heavy stones. But the robot suddenly started to work and gripped his head tightly, oh man was able to defend himself, but suffered serious injuries where he broke four ribs and several abrasions
The matter was the subject of investigation by the Agency for Workplace Safety and the police. And the Swedish company was fined $ 3,000, but expenses with security procedures.
Robert Williams was an American worker who was the first human to be killed by a robot. While working at the Ford Motor Company's Flat Rock Casting Plant, Williams was hit from behind and crushed by one of the one-ton transfer vehicles, killing him instantly. His body remained on the shelf for 30 minutes until discovered by workers who were worried about his disappearance on January 25, 1979.
In 1984, justice awarded the family $ 15 million after finding that there simply were not enough security measures to prevent such an accident from happening.
A reality in many industries, so by 2018, it requires standard working procedures and operating procedures, requiring risk assessments prior to the introduction of new equipment. Safety areas within the perimeter of your operation to prevent entry of the human element while is in operation.
Most accidents occur during robot programming, repair, or training a new procedure, when technicians are in the area of risk and the actions of robots are less predictable than under normal conditions.https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7954270/factory-robot-malfunctions-and-impales-worker-with-10-foot-long-steel-spikes/
Posted by JoReSimão at 5:30 PM No comments:
Markers: Accident, Human Relations, Health, Safety